The clinical genetic landscape is shifting. Novel cancer variants have been detected. Mainstreaming is upcoming. Tools are entering the clinic. Life-nostyle is becoming a topic in the counseling. Commercial companies are offering genetic tests.
These novel developments and challenges will be discussed in this joint international meeting of HEBON (HEreditary Breast and Ovarian cancer in the Netherlands), IMPAHC (International Meeting of Psychosocial Aspects of Hereditary Cancer) and the Dutch Cancer Group (WKO) of the Dutch Clinical Genetics Society (VKGN)
Topics of the Joint Meeting 2019 will include:
Confirmed Key note speakers:
- Prof. Antonis Antoniou (University of Cambridge, UK): Future-proofing breast cancer risk prediction
- Prof. Peter Devilee (LUMC, NL): International Bridges-project on high-risk in non-carrier women
- Sook-Yee Yoon (Cancer Research Malaysia, MY): Experiences with Mainstreaming in Malaysia
- Dr. Margreet Ausems (UMCU, NL): Limited health literacy and access to cancer genetic counseling
- Prof. Rolf Sijmons (UMCG, NL): Direct to Consumer testing, the way to go?
- Prof. Karen Basen-Engquist (MD Anderson, Houston, Texas): Expanding reach and scope of counseling for high risk families: Leveraging technology for lifenostyle behavior change
- Elizabeth Bancroft (The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, UK): Germline predisposition to prostate cancer - clinical and psychosocial aspects
Deadline for registration: October 23th, 2019
This meeting is organized for clinical geneticists, genetic counselors, psychologists, social workers, epidemiologists, and medical specialists working with, or studying patients with a family history of cancer.
CORPUS Congress Centre
Willem Einthovenstraat 1
2342 BH Oegstgeest
More information and registration:Joint meeting 2019 Challenges in cancer genetics
RT @DPosthu: We still have positions for postdocs with a background in Statistical Genetics or Bioinformatics to work on several exciting p…
RT @StichtingPLN: Erg bijzonder: Pieter bezoekt deze week Mula, Spanje, waar ook PLN dragers wonen - in de 16e eeuw is hier een PLN drager…